Associate Professor, Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, Politecnico di Torino
Received the Engineering Degree and the Ph.D. in Electronics Engineering from Politecnico di Torino, Italy, in 1991 and 1995, respectively. Full position as Associate Professor at Politecnico di Torino, Department of Electronics and Telecommunications.
Main interests are micro and nano electronic systems for biomedical applications and agri-food technologies. Author and co-author of 5 patents and more than 250 scientific publications in international journals and peer-reviewed conference proceedings.
Currently leading the MiNES (Micro&Nano Electronic Systems) Laboratory of Politecnico di Torino and coordinating the Italian Institute of Technology Microelectronics group at Politecnico di Torino (IIT@DET).
General Chair of BioCAS (Biomedical Circuits and Systems) Conference edition in Torino, October 2017, and founder of FoodCAS Workshop (Circuits and Systems for the Food chain).
Tenures at Politecnico di Torino:
- “Bio-NanoElectronics and Biomolecular Computing” for the PhD School in Electronics and Telecommunications;
- “Introduction to MEMS & BioMEMS” for Biomedical and Electronics Engineering;
- “Design of Microsystems” for Electronics Engineering and Nanotechnologies for ICT;
- "Electronics" for the Bachelor Degree in Biomedical Engineering.
International Tenures and Honours:
- 2018-2019, Visiting Professor, École Politechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland;
- 2018-2019, Visiting Professor, Tel Aviv University, Israel;
- August 2018, Visiting Scientist, MIT and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA;
- 2016-2019, Lecturer at EPFL Lausanne for the course "Nanocomputing", Biomolecular Computing module, at the Electrical Engineering PhD School;
- 2017-2018, Adjunct Professor of "Electronic Systems" at Tongji University Shanghai, PoliTong Master Degree;
- 2016, Associate Faculty at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Coordinator or Partner of 20 European Projects in FP6, FP7, Horizon2020, Tempus, Leonardo and Erasmus+.
IEEE and Editorial Activities:
- CAS Society Representative in the IEEE Sensors Council;
- Member of the SINANO Governing Board, the European Academic and Scientific Association for Nanoelectronics;
- Member of the board “Italia 2030” of Italian Ministry of Economic Development, Technical Board on Circular Economy: Leadership Green, AgriFood section;
- TPC Co-Chair of IEEE BioCAS 2021 (Biomedical Circuits and Systems), Berlin, October 2021;
- TPC Co-Chair of IEEE ICECS 2019 (International Conference on Electronics Circuits and Systems), Genova, December 2019;
- General Co-Chair of IEEE FoodCAS 2021 (Circuits and Systems for Food Chain), Daegu, May 2021;
- General Co-Chair of IEEE FoodCAS 2020 (Circuits and Systems for Food Chain), Seville, October 2020;
- General Co-Chair of IEEE FoodCAS 2019 (Circuits and Systems for Food Chain), Sapporo, May 2019;
- General Chair of IEEE BioCAS (Biomedical Circuits and Systems) Conference edition in Torino, October 2017;
- Member of the BioCAS Technical Committee;
- Associate Editor of the Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems (TBioCAS);
- Associate Editor of IEEE Sensors;
- Associate Editor of IEEE Open Journal of Engineering in Medicine and Biology (OJ-EMB);
- Associate Editor of the Springer-Nature Journal BioNanoScience;
- Senior Member of IEEE.
Personal email: firstname.lastname@example.org